Team 4592, “The Mighty Mechanical Mustangs” or M3 for short, is a robotics club at McArthur High School in Hollywood, Florida. We take part in the annual FIRST Robotics Competitions, in which we have a 6 week time frame to build, design, and program a robot.
Our members learn skills in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) field, as well as life skills such as communication, useful business practices, and project management through FRC. M3 forms opportunities for students to work in an environment similar to the real world,
work and learn from professional engineers,
qualify for over $50 million in college scholarships, and learn how to use cutting-edge industry hardware and software applications. We rely on generous donations from sponsors to help our members become future leaders.
To make our robotics club as efficient as possible, members are divided into one of several subdivisions. The subdivisions are business, design, build, and programming. Students select the subdivision they believe is closest to their field of interest. By heading, or participating in, one of these subdivisions, students learn how to successfully work as a team.
- creates documentation
- helps manage finances
- obtains sponsors
- organizes outreach activities
- handles social media accounts
- produces 3D models of the robot and other projects
- generates DXF files and drawings for fabrication
- constructs the practice field
- builds the robot
- assembles various other projects, such as the Pit and Battery Cart
- writes code for the robot to perform during the autonomous and teleoperated periods.